Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane!

Tomorrow we leave for the States! Woo hoo! I never think too terribly much about going to the States; my Moscow life keeps me busy. But when we are getting close to leaving to go back for a visit, I can hardly stand the wait! Guess that's pretty much my nature! Impatient!

We will be visiting family from the bottom of Texas to the top of Oklahoma! No way around it; we do alot of traveling in our short time back. We begin in Houston; we will be there for a week or so, visiting friends, taking care of appts. and getting some shopping done. We will be meeting Meghan's beau for the first time....they will pick us up at the airport. Imagine what a first impression we will make, "fresh" off a 12 hour flight! Poor guy! Then we go to Oklahoma next weekend, with a overnight stay in Dallas to break up the trip (it was originally to meet Jacob who lives there at the moment, but he is able to come to Houston this weekend .) So we will stay at the Adolphus Hotel (we love old hotels...especially ones with good weekend rates!) and have a nice dinner. Sunday, Harry, Meghan and I will drive...in TWO cars....to Oklahoma City. Meghan is taking a little bit of time off and we will get to see Harry's mom and sisters. Meghan will head back to Austin on Tuesday, and we will head to Ponca City to see Dad & Maxine. I am going to have lunch with a couple of friends there, one I haven't seen in awhile. So I'm excited about that. We will go back to Texas on Friday (May 8) and Harry will return to Moscow. I am going to spend the following week in Tulsa (yes, back up to OK for me!!) with 4 good friends who all used to live in Moscow. One lives in Alaska (we are staying at her place in Tulsa) one is living in Washington DC and two are living in the Houston area. Why are you driving back just to go back 2 days later you might ask?? Well, it is Mother's Day weekend and I simply can't be that close to my kids and not see them on that weekend. Of course, I will only see one kid (Meghan) as Drew is still in Korea and will not make it home when we are there. We are ALL sad about that. So, I will go to Austin (probably), then fly back to Tulsa from Austin, and return on the 15th to Houston and fly out to Moscow on the 15th. The downside....all that extra travel....the upside.....I get to visit alot of friends and family!! I'll come back to Moscow to rest!

1 comment:

  1. i will look for updates here now! welcome to blogland. :)

    ReplyDelete