Monday, April 13, 2009

Thanks to my young friend Bobbie for straightening out my blog! I think I have a bit of an edge over SOME of my peers when it comes to technology, but nothing at all on the next generation. At any rate my page now appears centered. I still am not thrilled with it so don't be surprised if you come back to a whole new look!!

Easter Sunday was a beautiful day in Moscow! Hints of spring are beginning to appear. Definitely the scent of a Moscow spring is in the air! In most places that would mean flowers....but in Moscow that means paint! Oil paint...pungent oil paint! They paint every metal object. It needs it after a winter of snow and dirt. But you just know to be careful when walking to avoid fences, trash cans, poles, gutters....anything metal. If it is shiny it has probably recently been painted!

After church and breakfast with our church friends, Harry and I decided to walk to the Arbat (our old stomping grounds and still a fun place to go.) There are usually lots of things going on. Well.....did we get a surprise! There were hundreds, probably thousands of people, mostly teenagers and young adults, on the walking street! They were blowing bubbles and dressed crazy, and singing, and dancing...it was wild!! We stopped in one of the souvenir shops, so I asked the girl who was working there and who spoke English, what was this craziness all about. She said that someone had posted a notice on the internet to come to the Arbat, dress crazy, and bring bubbles! Amazing the ability of the internet to spread that message. It was great fun, really. Everyone was happy, not too much beer drinking...just kids having fun! Here is a link to a website with pictures....I didn't have my camera. But no need...ah, the wonders of the internet! http://community.livejournal.com/ru_dreamflash

No comments:

Post a Comment