Friday, April 8, 2011

How's that workout going?

Hmmm....today was HARD! There are many reasons. I ate half a bag of peanut M&Ms last night. I thought they would help me feel better. Sometimes you just need comfort food (that thought is the reason I struggle with weight, of course.) About 2:30am, my stomach decided it was payback time. It tortured me for a couple of hours, then when I was just good and asleep, the damn alarm went off. Because my tummy was still rumbly, I ate no breakfast, but I did drink a yogurt drink. So, I was tired, feeling not quite myself, my body didn't have much fuel. I couldn't run the last 1.5 minutes. But I did a fast walk. Do I consider that failure? Nope. Will I get back on the treadmill Monday? Yep. And repeat week 2. Also not considered failure in my book. I'm old, I'm overweight, I've never run in my life. I WANT this for myself. One of the ladies at WW yesterday said that running on the treadmill wasn't as hard (agreed) as running outside because the machine did all the work for you. Excuse me, if I'm not doing at least some of the work, why am I sweating down to my panties and out of breath? I disagree with her. And it is so much more than what I was doing that I have that to be proud of. AND I lost 2 pounds. So there!

1 comment: