Monday, February 15, 2010

We are still waiting to see when and where we are going when leaving Moscow. We have known for 2 months now that we will be leaving. The wheels are turning, but very, VERY slowly! Hope to have some news soon!

My dear friend Kim came back to Moscow this weekend. So glad to see her and to have someone to go to the grocery store with! I know I can do it myself just fine, but it's always much more fun to go with someone. Then of course, there's lunch! We met another young friend who just got engaged the night before (a romantic Valentine's proposal involving a pond and snow!) So it was a great day.

There is an article in the NY Times going around cyberspace entitled, "Washington Shivers, Moscow Laughs." It is rather hilarious, after 4 Moscow winters (although the "worst" 2 for me were the "mild" winters....too much slush,) to see the seat of government completely shut down. Yes, they don't get it often but come on, it's in the Northeast part of the US. I would understand it if Houston got that much snow...but Washington? Please! And I wouldn't say that Moscow does snow removal any better, and maybe worse, than the US but they just don't let it stop them. I remember moving here, I wanted to be sure to have plenty of reading material as I was SURE that I would be stuck inside for days on end due to snow and cold. Many of those books I shipped over still languish unread on my shelves because there is no way a blizzard stops anything here! Just put on your hat, coat, gloves, scarf, boots and get out there! That being said, I'm not the one that has to shovel it or drive in it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment